Re: Ampliphone help Please

From: <FZZAP_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 11:45:52 EST

In a message dated 2/13/2002 12:08:53 AM Eastern Standard Time, MKDUD@aol.com
writes:

> Take a good look at your red MCI can. Is the case distorted or burned in any
> way? How close is the can to the 5w 50 ohm resistors (if they are mounted
> on
> the HV board)? I've seen this problem a couple times before, and it was a
> bad
> MCI...trouble is finding a replacement..

   I actually switched the red cans from a working HV board. Both cans
appear to be working.
  Is it possible to put the red cans in backwards? I didn't see any markings
on them so I used the writing on the side for the proper placement in the
board and put both in the same way. The one in my Star Wars is working.

  Any other Ideas. Is it possible that the 555IC needs to be a specific 555
type for example 555ec.

   Lastly if I remove the BU406D and I don't blow the regs would that point
me to the circuit after the 406D.

Thanks

  Frank