Re: 25" Amplifone Brightness Problem

From: Gregory S . Erway <gerway_at_redcom.com>
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 10:59:23 EST

Sorry. I should have mentioned that yes the diode did test open in
the other direction. The other 1N4001 tested the same so we figured
.56v was ok. I know diodes are typically around .7v but that can
vary depend on what they are made of. Thank you for more insight on
this though.

I also forgot to add:
6) I soldered the new wires to the origional pin holes from the old
    HV unit. I took the wires through to the underside of the board through
    the second mounting hole. But instead of following the traces and
    soldering at locations with other component leads I put them right
    where the pins used to be from the old HV. This is a problem potentially
    if the solder or wire goes through the hole and contacts the metal
    case of the new HV unit. I'm a bit worried that this could be the case
    here and I just thought of it this morning when I realized the FAQ
    I used did not mention the tape insulation step.
7) The FAQ I used mentions the pin positions and specifically mentions
    putting green to 9 o'clock. There is not a pad at 9 o'clock and I
    assumed 11 o'clock based on the previous line in the FAQ.
8) The other FAQ problem I saw was that it mentions drilling out the
    mounting hole (slightly larger) to 3/8". That is WAY TOO BIG. Luckily
    I used my brain and didn't drill it out that bid. But thought I should
    note the error.

Greg