Re: X-Y Self Contained Monitor Tester

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 00:04:46 EST

Oh, and the 4th picture I think your filter caps are failing. The ones with
an orange film (not the tear-drop shaped Tantalums) have one or two that
look like the film has pulled away from the top of the capacitor leaving a
larger amount of the aluminum body showing, this is an indication that the
cap has been overheated as the film is heatshrink and shows the failure of
the cap by drawing away from the top of the capacitor. The one furthest to
the right (2 o'clock position) looks the worst to my eyes...just above two
trim pots...I'd replace it and see what happens.

John :-#)#