Re: RE: Blinking/fading Asteroids ......... monitor problem

From: <steve_at_coule.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 04:29:32 EST

In a somewhat selfish sense, your horizontal only recoil is great news! Sorry, but it will bug you and it will drive you crazy from now on but at least there are two of us trying to sort it out now :-)

I think we can make a couple of assumptions (with care to avoid the old saying that "assume" can make an "ass-u-me")

1) The fading in and out is *probably* not directly related to the recoil effect but could be PSU / HV related, or maybe even Z drive on the deflection board. I do get exactly the same problem .. sometimes the last small asteroid will disappear completely until I fire a shot or two.

2) The recoil effect is probably not a PSU issue since this would affect both X & Y axis and yours doesn't. I guess this points towards the deflection board and connections to and from it.

3) You are in a better position to resolve the recoil issue since you have a good Y axis it should be easier to compare the X & Y circuits, let me know how you fix it! ;^)

I've got a spare HV unit to test to see if this resolves the fading in/out issue. I tried it briefly and it did not resolve the recoil issue. I'll also check for clarity of the diagonal lines in test mode - can't say I've noticed much difference.

Cheers,

Steve