Re: The magic HV unit

From: tom mcclintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 17:22:38 EDT

I looked into that a couple of years ago. Seems all the companies that
can make deflection yokes cheaply are in Asia (like you didn't know
that), and the responses I got back were positive, but the estimated
quantities were not high enough for them to even think about doing.

James Nelson found a place that *claimed* they could make new yokes for
$50 each, but I don't think anything was taken farther than that.

Your good buddies at Wintron *were* interested in making some though,
but I never got an idea of price. Here is the response I got back:

----------------
We have to date, done very little on design of deflection yokes for
color in-line gun CRT's. This quantity level may be an opportunity of
interest to Wintron Tech., since we would not have off shore
competition. We would need more information about the specific CRT, H &
V scan frequencies and performance (spot growth, geometry, pincushion
correction, dynamic focus) requirements.

If existing monochrome winding tools (arbors) and yoke hardware (cores,
terminal boards, and plastic insulators) could be used or modified to
meet these requirements, initial tooling may be minimized.
We would need a working monitor to develop and test prototype yokes.

tm