Re: Re: Death of Spies.com/arcade

From: Jon Kotek <jkotek_at_madgenius.com>
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 16:04:07 EDT

Well techinically it is illegal to even have them up on a website to
download. We are all going on the fact that since it is free (as in free
beer) then companies that own the rights will not go after anyone. If you
really feel that it is rude and illegal then do you not buy repo artwork too?

Now, as for the Ebay seller, not that I condone what he is doing, is he
really making money on 17.50 per CD? Lets break this down, you have 50 cents
for the CDR, 50 cents for the pretty label, 1 dollar for the jewel case, wear
and tear on the burner (they do wear out, trust me) 25 cents, software, lets
say a nickle, ebay fees 2 dollars, and my biggest waste time, now I
personally bill out at 75/hour contracting so lets go with that LOL. So for
say an 8x burner that would take 10 minutes to burn, thats 12.50 my cost. So
now it costs me 16.75 to do this, WOOHOO I made a buck, anyways not worth it
to me LOL. And he can actually argue that he is 'breaking even' and offering
to the 'Collecting Community'

nuff ranting

Jon