Monitor drying?

From: Joe Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 11:10:00 EDT

Okay, after reading one too many times about washing an entire monitor (I
heard from people putting the entire thing, chassis, tube and all into the
dishwasher, to people hosing it off outside), I had to try it. I had about
the dirtyest, grimy-ist monitor there was, but it works. So I figured I'd
give it a try. Tube, chassis and all (left the anode connected), I sprayed
it with Simple Green all over and let it sit a day. Then I hosed it off
with the garden hose. It definitely came out clean. I'm happy with that
part. My question now is, how long do I need to let it dry before testing?
We're having 90 degree days in Chicago right now. Obviously the longer I
wait the better/safer, but what's the shortest safe time to wait? I'm dying
to give this a try. If it works, maybe I'll clean up a bunch of crappy
monitors. They seem to be dirt/grime magnets.

Joe
joemagiera@ameritech.net