Re: ZVG special pricing

From: Anthony Ramos <aramos_at_ele-mental.org>
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 15:02:06 EDT

On Wednesday, September 11, 2002, at 12:07 PM, Neil Bradley wrote:

>> Last question, Mame allows use of overlays to simulate color on the pc
>> for games like star castle and the like, could this be done on
>> the ZVG,
>> if so what are the possibility to add color to B/W games?
>
> That is all up to the developer! Of course you won't get backdrops on
> games like Warrior and whatnot, but if a MAMEdevian wishes to
> modify MAME
> to do such a thing, it's technically possible!

Yeah. I'm no MAME developer, but as a user I can see that it
already has code in it to "colorize" games like Battlezone and
Star Castle. Seems to me that ZVG vector-colorizing code could
utilize the existing architecture.

You'd probably want to define the regions using some kind of
shape description language. It seems like MAME uses a bitmap to
colorize Star Castle, but I could be (and probably am) wrong.

--
Anthony Ramos -- aramos@ele-mental.org / aramos@hyperreal.org
phone: 503.236.6303 / mobile: 503.267.3519