Re: Scope Settings for Sega Sound Problem

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_enteract.com>
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 20:08:30 EDT

> What levels should I see on these pins while sequencing
> through the sounds during self-test? Maybe there's a
> better method for troubleshooting? Thanks for any advice.
>
> Speech Board
> Pin 1 -
> Pin 2 -
> Pin 3 -
> Pin 4 - NC
> Pin 5 - NC
> Pin 6 - KEY

To take the speech board out of the loop, jumper pin 1 to pin 3 (or 4 to 6,
depending on which end you could from).

> Sound Board
> Pin 1 -
> Pin 2 - NC
> Pin 3 - NC
> Pin 4 -

Are you testing the PCB in the cage, or do you have a card extender? Hard
to debug much if you are only able to access these pins.

With a card extender, you can look at the addressing pins to make sure the
sounds are even being invoked, and then look at each individual channel,
then look at each of the 3 "voices" in that channel.

I have some debugging information for these on my web site under
"Troubleshooting".

http://www.enteract.com/~jenison/mars

--
Mark Jenison