Re: Fragile games?

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 22:23:33 EDT

It's not hard to make a simple RAM hack for Asteroids that allows you to
use a single 6116/2016 for the 2114's. You just find a vacant 24 pin socket
(beside the Vector ROM is perfect) then work out the chip selects.

I did this with one game that was killing me with sockets and jumper wires
and it works great. I have it documented at the shop, but I find if folks
know it can be done they can usually figure it out themselves....

If not I'll try and write it up better. Should work for any game that uses
only a few 2114s.

John :-#)#