Re[4]: scope help.

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 17:45:52 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: "Andy Welburn" <warlords@ntlworld.com>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:49:02 +0100
Subject: Re: Re[2]: VECTOR: scope help.

> > come off it andy - e-bay u.k. does NOT have decent deals on test gear! :-)
>
> hah!
>
> i've seen 20mhz analogue scopes go for ~70quid..
>
> > anyway, i have a good second hand source for 'dozens' of scopes about
> 40miles
> > outside london.
> >
> > z-input will be added if i need to.
> >
> > c.u.
>
> I am currently running an 'electronic visuals' EV8060 vector display, which
> is about the size of a normal scope face, but no grid, and a much deeper
> green hue :) unfortuantely i can't for the life of me work out why the Z
> doesn't quite want to work.. 35quid on ebay
>
> I have a Hameg HM205-2 which is a 20mhz analogue scope, *but with digital
> storage* that has been my trusty workhorse for years now. (carrycase etc
> too!) that was 20quid off a crackhead. it has no Z tho! although it has a
> bnc plug on the back, it does jack shite..
>
> I recently picked up a Philips PM3215 50mhz scope.. blue display, with a Z
> input, and of course faster, but i prefer my old trusty over this thing.
> Again, i have padded carrycase manuals etc... local auction house, ?20...
>
> i see a runing theme here.. go and see your local crackhead, or the local
> auction house for a bargain..
>
> either that, or you can buy a bunch of vectrexes and custom bench housing i
> made for them when i was still using a vectrex for display...
>
> Andy

since we are cataloging our test gear try this:

i have a fluke scopemeter-97 from a crackhead (?25!!!) for fixing power
supplys & stuff,

i have a kikusi 100mhz tripletrace from the carboot (?15) i need to fix,

i have a telequipment D83 50mhz that i use for gameboard repair & vector output
viewing,

i have a telequipment D66a i was given for free that i am recaping,

and i have the old D61 that i am now confident enough to use as a monitor!

BTW. VECTREX units are to nice to fuck-up by using them as a monitor,
I LOVE MY VECTREX (with 27c040 jumpered cartridge haha.)

c.u.

OH, i almost forgot, i have a half built kit for a dueltrace scope adapter for
gameboy. (elektor magazine!)