RE: Question on ELMINATOR SOUND CARD with NO AUDIO Output and X/Y Output.....

From: Stempak Arcadius-ASTEMPA1 <ASTEMPA1_at_motorola.com>
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 16:45:06 EDT

Mark,
*****

 I powered up the Boardset last night, with the Sound
Card plugged in and connected and when plugged into
my rather small (TEST) 4" by 4" Black and White Vector
Monitor, well as soon as I powered it up, I got a Picture,
and the Eliminator Logo, etc... So the Game Program for
all intents and purposes, is up and running, however the
Audio portion is still not.

 Also and following your Handy Documentation, which
you had mentioned in your previous E-Mail to myself, I
confirmed Audion Board Connections, in this Case only 2 Connections on
PIN 1 and PIN 4.

 Also replaced the Electrolytic Cap in line with the AUDIO OUT Pin.

 Finally and even though the Game / Program was up and running,
with a No Audio Condition, I pulled the CPU BOARD and replaced the
CPU (Z80A with a known Good) which once done, made no difference.

 I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, but what, especially
and even with other Boards (X/Y) REMOVED and only the CPU, ROM and SOUND
Board in the CAGE I still get the same (White Noise) and no audio.

 Also would like to get you input on replacing Electrolytic Caps, if
I recall correctly as long as the Voltage and uF are identical of greater
you can Sub one cap for another ??? I.E. Replace a 10uF 25Volt with a
22uF 35Volt <- does that sound right ???

 Finally and upon looking at the ROM BOARD itself, It only contains 14 ROMS
which I believe is Normal for ELIMINATOR from U1 to U15 or something like
that
however I noted that on this Same ROM Board U29 Socket has a DM74LS245N
Plugged
into this Socket, should this part be there ??? Just wondering as the
Schematics
make no mention of such a part on the ROM BOARD.

 Thanks.........
Arcadius.......... :_)