Re: Asteroids ROM readme discrepancies

From: Chumblespuzz <chumblespuzz_at_cademo.com>
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 10:20:39 EST

Ok, I'm just getting around to working on my Asteroids and I am very
confused about rom versions/locations. Below is the last message of this
thread, but I've gone through this whole thread several times. Here's the
deal:

I've got a version 2 board (-02 written in marker). It has sockets at C1,
D/E1, F1 and N/P3. The roms (not eproms) that were in it are 035143-02-03,
035144-02-03, 035127-02 (one eprom missing). The only one I could get a
checksum on was the 144, checksum 0CEE. The other 2 are dead.

So, I need to burn some new eproms. I'm going to use the images from MAME. I
would like to use the version 2 images, but the readme file has them listed
in different locations than my board supports.

My questions are:

1) Why does my 144-02 prom have a checksum of those listed for -01 versions?

2) Am I limited to which versions of ROMs I can use in a -02 board?

3) Assuming I can use the MAME roms, which locations do they go in?

Thanks in advance!
-roy-