Re: Re: ampliphone

From: Mark Shostak (DOS) <shostak_at_augustmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 22:38:18 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris@westnet.com>

> So now it looks like I do have a good wave.

Did you do something to correct the waveform, or was it good to begin with
(since your post about the waveform, not since self destruct)?

> I am open to suggestions at
> this point as to why it's still not working, before I blow another BU406D

A) Secondary load problem (try disconnecting video b+)
B) Dare I say, bad Wintron
C) A Fluke (the regulator and/or HOT were having a bad day (i.e. may not happen again (at least not immediately)))
D) Other

I generally power these things up gradually (with a variac) so I don't blow anything up,
you might consider it. Watch voltage/current/waveforms/temperature when you do it.

-Mark