Re: ampliphone

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 21:44:28 EST

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, SteveT wrote:

> No I was talking about the output transformer. (this is a new wintron)Give me
> the sequence of what happened and what you did.

Monitor was rebuilt a year ago as per the Ampliphone HV Faq --new low-esv
caps, the 1.5 amp +-24v regs, bypass resistors and diodes, and a new Wintron
flyback.

It is now blowing the +24v reg (as in split it open) and the BU406D. I have
the BU406D out of citcuit now for testing.

All the FAQ talks about is a 'good' waveform at the base of the BU406D. My
wave was down in the - volts (going from memory now) and very small which is
why I thought it was bad. However, from memory it looks very much like the
middle picture on page 38 of the Amplifone FAQ v1.2.

So now it looks like I do have a good wave. I am open to suggestions at
this point as to why it's still not working, before I blow another BU406D