Re: Star Trek Sit-Down Finally Restored

From: K. S. <kstillinger_at_sc.rr.com>
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 23:25:45 EST

I've seen flames, but they are always brief.

  A shorted deflection transistor or heat sinks touching (when they
shouldn't) can throw 60V across those 100 ohm resistors on the paddle
boards. They usually crack open suddenly and start arcing all over the
place. It always seems to happen after I've been f**king with it or
have the back open doing something.

  I power down quickly and then I start flaming. Those stupid fuses are
always the last things to go....

    Kerry