Re: Star Trek Sit-Down Finally Restored

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 14:03:05 EST

Resistors should be replaced with "flame proof" resistors. I bought
mine from Mouser, but other folks should have them, too. If you
overload a flameproof resistor it just goes open, no burning, no arcing.
 Basically it makes like a fuse. The only problem is you can't tell it
burned out by looking at it.