Re: Obse Asteroids

From: Mark Shostak (DOS) <shostak_at_augustmail.com>
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 11:57:03 EST

First off, to clarify what you swapped...

You said you swapped the monitor/deflection board.
Does this mean you put another deflection board in the monitor and it worked?
If this is the case, the problem is on the deflection board, duh.

If you're saying you put a different monitor in altogether and the other monitor works,
I'd start at the HV supply. The Z axis uses B+ from the HV, which would explain
your "retrace" lines. Low HV would explain the blooming. Check your supply voltages.

> > Sounds like you may have multiple faults.
> > I'd start by checking the power supply. It's common to both
> > the Z axis and the deflection.
>
> Wouldn't that be part of the power block? If so, one monitor works fine
> and one doesn't. Is it still the power supply?

I assumed you meant you swapped boards and found the problem was
on the deflection board. Yes, it has a small power supply on it.

Again, now I'm getting the feeling your problem is with the HV.

-Mark