Re: Obse Asteroids

From: Neil Bradley <nb_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 14:00:13 EST

> You said you swapped the monitor/deflection board.
> Does this mean you put another deflection board in the monitor and it worked?
> If this is the case, the problem is on the deflection board, duh.

Yeah, I would've been able to figure that one out. ;-) But I actually
swapped the whole monitor chassis which of course includes the deflection
board, the picture tube, and the HV transformer.

> If you're saying you put a different monitor in altogether and the other
> monitor works, I'd start at the HV supply. The Z axis uses B+ from the
> HV, which would explain your "retrace" lines. Low HV would explain the
> blooming. Check your supply voltages.

I almost am afraid to ask, but how do I check the low HV? I don't think my
meter goes up that high.

Frankly, I know exactly nothing about monitors. Obviously rechecking the
connections is a good idea...

> > Wouldn't that be part of the power block? If so, one monitor works fine
> > and one doesn't. Is it still the power supply?
> I assumed you meant you swapped boards and found the problem was
> on the deflection board. Yes, it has a small power supply on it.
> Again, now I'm getting the feeling your problem is with the HV.

Me too. Is this easy to fix? Are parts still available?

Thanks for the advice!

-->Neil