Re: Arcing in tube on WG 19K6100 monitor

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 01:27:58 EST

In a message dated 3/16/2003 5:14:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
djerikd@comcast.net writes:

> So, does this sound like a catastrophic tube failure or something that
> perhaps a tube rejuvination could fix? Any ideas on what exactly might
> cause this or possible remedies?
>
>>Could also be that you have broken the tip of the tube while moving it.
When the tube gets air in it, you typically see alot of arcing in the
neck.

Noel<<

Did the sound it made seem like "water boiling in a garbage can"? I'm afraid
it seems like you might have a hairline fracture in the tube - look VERY
closely around the neck. I have to agree with Kurt and Noel, sounds like you
might have "let the vacum out..."
Also, was the machine very cold when you powered it up? This (as well as
moving) can cause the tube to crack.