Re: Re: Jumpy Star Wars Fixed / Degaussing Help Anybody?

From: SteveT <stuorto_at_suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 09:59:47 EST

Jonathan & Rodger
Rodger is right. The magnetic field generated by the internal degaussing coil
is nothing compared to an external degaussing coil. As a matter of fact there
are different grades of external degaussing coils. The smaller ones for example
will have little effect on large crt's such as a 35" (not that you'll find them
in any 80's games)
I had said you should try external degaussing first. But you also said the
image wasn't straight which is the YOKE, so it will need to be adjusted.
Steve