Re: Re: Jumpy Star Wars Fixed / Degaussing Help Anybody?

From: K. S. <kstillinger_at_sc.rr.com>
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 16:35:37 EST

This is sort of a nuance to that-

  Most degaussing circuitry works by allowing current through a thermistor
until it heats up. That's what would show the voltage across the coil dropping
off quickly. If you try to observe the voltage across the degauss coil
terminals without actually having the coil attached, you probably wouldn't see
it drop off at all.

  The coil IS the load that the current flows through that causes the
thermistor to increase in resistance. Kinda all works together, eh?

  This is generic information, as I have not checked out the schematics for
this monitor.

  Kerry Stillinger