Re: Sega Multi Game question

From: <SVerlander_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 19:51:49 EST

In a message dated 3/27/03 11:29:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mark@basementarcade.com writes:

> Before I bug Clay I though Id ask here as Im sure the installed base is
> big enough :-)
>
> I bought A Multi Sega kit some time age, but just recently installed it
> in my Star Trek. According to the docs, the default game should come up
> Star Trek. Mine is not.
> 9 times out of 10, the boot game is Space Furry. What is annoying me is
> that if it does not boot the right game, the horrible hiss that streams
> through the speakers is enough to scare the crap out of anyone if it is
> set at an "arcade" level of amplitude.
> I though the problem might be the reset of my switcher, not being
> compatible "enough", so I put the original Sega supply back in but
> nothing changed. Anyone ever see this?
>
> -=Mark=-

Hi Mark, my Star Trek with Clay's Multi-game installed has been in the garage
not in use for now as I believe it's not finished until Clay or someone makes
a multi sound board. Right now I have the sound and speech boards installed f
or Space Fury. I just went out in the garage and "fired "it up :-) and Space
Fury booted up but most of the time you can add credits but the game will not
start. You can hit the reset button and the credits go back to zero then if
you add credits you get the same thing, game will not start. If you hit the
menu button it gives you the menu screen and then you can pick any game and
they will work fine. When in the menu screen if you hit the reset button it
will switch to Star Trek every time. I have tested the Multi-game with the
different sound and speech boards (the one's I have)and it all works fine,
it's just a pain to switch the boards, We really need the multi-sound board.
The only time the game made a loud noise (sounded like a hurricane blowing in
a microphone) I had a bad chip on the sound board. Even without the
Multi-sound board it's still a very cool multi-game and worth the price. I
just hope we will get a Multi-sound board soon.
 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/severlander/index.html">sams web site</A>
http://members.aol.com/severlander/index.html
 <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/sverlander/Star_Trek_Asteroids_conversion.html">star trek Asteroids conversion</A>
 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/sverlander/Star_Trek_dedicated_page.html">Star Trek dedicated page</A>