Re: WG/Amplifone yoke

From: Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. <vector_at_hawkmountain.net>
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 10:59:47 EDT

If you have the same wire guage, you can "cheat" using an accurate
ohm meter. If you know the ohms/length of the guague of wire, you
can measure the resistance of the windings on a good yoke.

This is only going to get you so close... but it might be close enough.

I know someone who used to rewind ignition components for motorcycles
that way.... although there is probably more room for variance doing
that than yoke work.

But it might be a start. I think the worst situation you would have is
you wouldn't be able to get the picture right... but if your resistances
on your home wound yoke matched up, the impedance would be close as well,
and I don't think you would do any harm to the deflection amps.... how
good a picture you'll get... well, that would be the experiment....

-- Curt