Re: G08_105 manual

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 09:01:55 EDT

I have to agree that b&w is best for text only pages. Anything that has images should be done w/ greyscale with a lower resolution. Schematics are best handled on a case by case basis. I've seen way too many scans that don't show the level of detail needed even when the source was decent. Of course, some of the original schematics out there are crap and theres nothing you can do about it :) I'm also a little anal about cleaning up the edges to make sure the manuals print nicely and don't look like bad copies. I'm also against having separate tiff files for everything. I'm a big believer in pdf files, although you do need to play with the settings in Acrobat to prevent it from degrading the resolution on the scans when you don't expect it. Just my humble 2¢..

Jon