RE: Star Wars Potentiometer Part Request

From: Joe <jb_at_joesarcade.com>
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 02:00:31 EDT

Al,

Try to shoot contact cleaner into the pot as best you can. Move it back
and forth while doing this. This has saved pots for me in the past. You
should really use potentiometer cleaner, but I've used contact cleaner
and it seems to work fine. Even though the pot is mostly sealed, some of
the cleaner will tend to get in there. This also would work on flaky
stereo controls, etc.

Of course, if you are missing one all together, the cleaning wont work.

JB