Re: Smaller CRT's

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 15:35:29 EDT

At 08:41 am 13 05 2003, you wrote:
>I was just thinking of some interesting ways of making my test bench
>smaller because of my limited space. A little while ago I scanned in the
>B&K CRT Setup Chart which not only makes a good cross-reference guide, but
>also allows you to cross-over different sizes by looking at the matching
>CRT
>adapters.
><http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/tech/bk-rejuvenator-setup.pdf>http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/tech/bk-rejuvenator-setup.pdf

This sounds like a cool idea! So are you saying that if a a tube uses the
same adaptor then the tubes are likely to be compatible?

I have two Samsung A48KRD82X tubes that came from a WG 19K7302 and a
Ducksan, both out of pin2k games they are listed as a type #23 the same as
an Amplifones 19VJTP22. I've considered using them in vector applications
since they are only about three years old and have NO burn-in.

[Going a little OT here]
I was also wondering ... later WG 19K7302's use an Orion A48JLL40X which is
listed as a type #31. These must be compatible as the chasis has not
changed, so I could also use these as an Amplifone cross.

> So, a 19" amplifone CRT (19VLUP22) should be compatible with anything
> using adapter #23 according to the Setup Chart right?

BTW: the 19" Amplifone tube is 19VJTP22 (from the manual) or M48AAW00X and
the 19VLUP22 is for the WG 6100 ... as you state later!

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk