Smaller CRT's

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 03:41:55 EDT

I was just thinking of some interesting ways of making my test bench smaller because of my limited space. A little while ago I scanned in the B&K CRT Setup Chart which not only makes a good cross-reference guide, but also allows you to cross-over different sizes by looking at the matching CRT adapters. http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/tech/bk-rejuvenator-setup.pdf

So, a 19" amplifone CRT (19VLUP22) should be compatible with anything using adapter #23 according to the Setup Chart right?

I found a 13" CRT (13VBLP22) that uses the same adapter and a 15" (15VATP22). You could probably build a cool cocktail star wars game with a 13" monitor. :)

For Wells Gardner 6100 the 19" tube is 19VLUP22 and uses B&K CRT adapter #24

So does 13VAYP22 and 15VAYP22.

So, I suppose the only concern might be the size of the yokes, but for bench test purposes it might not make that big of a difference.

Any thoughts?

Matt