Re: Re: Asteroids rapair saga

From: <steve_at_coule.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 12:38:14 EDT

If that's what the manual states, then the manual is wrong! The number of beeps indicate the bad RAM although there may be some address decoding or buffer issue causing the same symptoms. The only time there will be six beeps is when the ram test thinks P4 is bad.

The stuck address lines don't sound that good but I really don't know for sure. It could validly be in the RAM address range - which address lines are high / low? Is the socket for the vector ROM good? Try checking on the underside of the board for activity on those lines.

Sorry, that's all I can think of without schematics to hand!