RE: Amplifone Owners please help me out!

From: Joe <jb_at_joesarcade.com>
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 19:16:00 EDT

The yellow and red wires go towards the top.

In order to mount an Amp in a SD, you would need to have the front wood
piece in (to hold the monitor mounts) or use a metal frame to mount the
tube. I would expect a frame from a raster game to work also.

My opinion on the arcade shop HVT is this:

I have not used one, so I can not say it is good or bad. I have used
Wintron HVT's before and they work great. Once repaired with a Wintron,
you will probably not deal with it again. But as I said, I haven't used
the arcadeshop replacement so I can't give it my blessing. The Wintron's
have been around for years and are proven good. Also, there are 3
resistors in the Amplifone wiring harness.. I can't say how that relates
to the arcadeshop HVT though.

JB