Amplifone Owners please help me out!

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 17:30:17 EDT

Hi ...

I'm in the process of building up an 19" Amplifone for my monitor-less
Space Duel and tonight I've been populating the donor tube with yoke,
degassing coil, convergence rings and DAG spring.

My problem is this .... I have no idea which way up the yoke should
go. Should the yellow and blue wires go at the top or the brown and red wires?

I've guessed at yellow and blue as shown below, but with a 50/50 chance I'm
bound to have it wrong!
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robotron-2084/temp/Amplifone%20Tube.jpg

Also, if anyone has a Gravitar or Space Duel (or Black Widow I guess) with
factory Amplifone mounts can I get a picture so I can build the mounting
hardware in the correct place?

Lastly, has anyone got good (or bad) feedback about using the Arcadeshop HV
boards in an Amplifone?
(or am I better off saving for a Wintron?)

Thanks in Advance for any info!

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk