RE: Arcadeshop Amplifone HV boards [or Red really is DEAD ]

From: Hendrix, Jeff <Jeff_Hendrix_at_maxtor.com>
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 13:44:10 EDT

I bought several of Arcadeshop's HV units a couple of months ago.

I put one in my Star Wars and so far it's been working great.
This last weekend I pulled a WG out of my Quantum and put in an Amplifone
with the new HV unit, and now my Quantum looks better than ever.

For Amplifone replacement, you need to cut the wiring harness off of your
old HV unit and solder it to the new one (maybe a 5 minute job), and you
need 2 heat sinks (or a long piece of aluminum). (I picked up some heat
sinks at the local electronics store).

So far I've been very happy with the new transformers and would recommend
them. (while your on his web site, pick up some LV2000s for your color WG
monitors)

-jeff