RE: Arcadeshop Amplifone HV boards [or Red really is DEAD ]

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 14:31:32 EDT

At 06:44 pm 2 09 2003, you wrote:
>I bought several of Arcadeshop's HV units a couple of months ago.
>
>I put one in my Star Wars and so far it's been working great.
>This last weekend I pulled a WG out of my Quantum and put in an Amplifone
>with the new HV unit, and now my Quantum looks better than ever.

Cool! I'll be ordering one as soon as I can!

>For Amplifone replacement, you need to cut the wiring harness off of your
>old HV unit and solder it to the new one (maybe a 5 minute job), and you
>need 2 heat sinks (or a long piece of aluminum). (I picked up some heat
>sinks at the local electronics store).

NO big deal then. How does the unit compare size wise? Not that it
matters as the Space Duel (an Atari Ireland cab) was shipped as most were
with WG supports so the mountings for the Amplifone are home made ....

>So far I've been very happy with the new transformers and would recommend
>them. (while your on his web site, pick up some LV2000s for your color WG
>monitors)

I only have one WG which is in my Tempest. I get on well with converging
this Amplifone (it was build from a whole pile of Ebay parts) will also get
an Amp fitted.

Thanks for the input!

Anyone got a Amplifone HV board for sale that I could steal the loom off so
I can build my next Amplifone up?

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk