Re: Tip: Bench Testing a WG HV Unit with a Single Ended Pwr Supply

From: Marc Alexander <marcwolf123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 21:25:41 EDT

G'day Curt,

I have had success working on a unit inside a machine, with
inserting the HV anode well inside a very clean and dry beer bottle,
making sure the anode is at the bottom of the bottle, then taping it to
be sure it stays that way...
I also made sure the bottle wasn't near anything else in case it tried
to arc out of the bottle through the glass to grounded metal, etc.
This was just a way I did it of my own devising, there may be issues with it I don't
know about, but it seemed to be the best insulation I could do to make it safe
at the time, and it worked ok for me.

Cheers,

Marc