Re: BZ > RB cabaret CP pics

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 14:26:29 EDT

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 MKDUD@aol.com wrote:

> I am posting this to the list as there were many people interested; my
> stupid FTP space only lets me put up 3 decent res pics at a time, so these

Since a number of people have mentioned this type of problem: --

Picking one file, rbcab1 started out at about 567k. Just by doing better
jpeg compression I got it down to 257k -- less than half the size. Reducing
the resolution to 1280x1024 (what I run my monitor at) made it 155k, at
1024x768 it was 108k

You can see the 257k version at http://www.westnet.com/~chris/rbcab1.jpeg --
see if you can tell the difference, other than the fact it downloads in half
the time. :-) (Also -- without the .jpg or .jpeg extension, some browsers
show or save the raw date, and don't know to display it, so it's a good idea
to put the extension on).

And finally, if you want to be able to put up more than 1-2 meg, there are
many reasonably priced small ISP's that can sell small web sites. I hear
one may even be running this list now . . . . :-)