Re: Need a POKEY Desolder advice

From: Mark E Davidson <mark_at_basementarcade.com>
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 23:05:42 EDT

Ill let you all in on a little secret on removing these from the PCB.
Get a solder pot (got on one off of ebay with 5 solder bars for under
$30) Fill it to the BRIM with solder and heat it up.
    With the solder molten and to the top, you can heat all the pins at
once (poor mans wave soldering machine) and the chip pulls off in
seconds. I did 40 cart in under 15 min the past weekend

-=Mark=-