Re: Need a POKEY Desolder advice

From: Paul Swan <pswan_at_lsil.com>
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 11:49:44 EDT

Hehe,

Yeah that works.

At first I couldn't find a cheap solder pot large enough (no Ebay then),
so I bought one of those small Antex tinning pots, milled out a hole in
the bottom of die cast aluminuim rectangular box and then bolted that to
the top of the pot. I then bought a spare element and wired that inside
to change it from 2 to 3 elements to up the power. Was big enough to pop
out a 68K and took an hour to re-solidify :-)

Worked a treat, but with no means to seal the join over time solder
leaked out from the bottom of the box.

Now, bought a big pot off Ebay to replace it.

Regards,

Paul.