RE: Atari serial #'s was: Quantum spotted Portland OR auction

From: Rich Marquette <rmarket_at_dca.net>
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 07:45:21 EST

My Tempest is Serial Number 115906 and its Marquee is different then most of
the others I've seen, I'm not sure if this is the purple Marquee that you
mention. The difference I notice is in the Highlighting around the word
Tempest.

I also have an Asteroids Deluxe that has a serial number of 98?, it too is
different from the other ADs I've seen. the sideart is slightly different
and the colors in the monitor bezel are different, the monitor Bezel mounts
entirely differently than the one that I stripped sn 20,????. The lower SN
one the bezel had the speaker grill parts riveted to it where the other one
didn't.

Perhaps different factories or different assembly lines each had thier own
serial number range. That would have been helpful for tracking which
factory the games were built at when problems were reported.
Rich