Asteroids PCB repair - fixed one problem, now have another

From: <Artfromnys_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 21:06:11 EST

Put an Asteroids on the bench today, no video, played blind.  Threw it in
selftest, RAM OK, some ROM errors.  Changed ROM at F2 - self test now perfect.
Placed in game mode - no picture, spotkiller on on the monitor.  Changed ROM at
D/E 2 - video is fine.
I didnt bother trying to figure this out, other than swapping the ROMs back
and forth a few times and getting the same results.  I guess that ROM selftest
isnt perfect.

Now - ssecond problem - ship fire sound same as saucer fire sound.  All other
sounds ok. I am suspecting bad LS259 latch at M10 sending out the saucerfire
signal when activated for either ship or saucer fire - how far off am I?
Didnt have time to throw my chip checker on the chip today.

--
Art