Arcadeshop goodies

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel.rosenzweig_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 23:09:11 EST

I received an Ampliphone HV board from Arcadeshop today, and installed that into my Star Wars. Everything worked great. It's a very nice unit. The unfortunate part was that I already had a Wintron HV unit in my original HV board, and the HV supply failed a couple of weeks ago. I haven't had time to troubleshoot it, so I decided to try out the Arcadeshop board as a quick fix. Now, I have the fun of figuring out why my other HV board has failed. I'll have to save that for another day.

I also ordered a Star Wars CPO and the Asteroids monitor bezel. Both look excellent. I learned something today, too. I have two Star Wars machines, both with good looking CPO's, but one of them is much darker than the other. The only difference between the two, is that the darker one has an extra part number, V-AD1195. Both have part number 040380-03 REV.A. The ones from Arcadeshop have the V-AD1195, and match the coloring of my darker CPO. I had always assumed that the darker CPO was just darkened by the elements. Now it appears that at least two different production runs were made. I prefer the look of the lighter CPO, but the dark one is OK. It is just harder to see the details.

Joel-