Re: Gravitar > Major Havoc conversion questions

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 16:46:42 EST

As I said here a few months ago ... I would have thought that the dual 1495s
for pincushioning compensation on the Atari MH conversion board (which were
designed to compensate for a WG display and the lack of pincushioning
compensation on the MH main board) would make for a pretty weird display if
used with an Amplifone (which has built in compensation). In effect you will
get double compensation. Can you post pictures of what it looks like?
     Thanks for the help, Tony. Unfortunately, my wife has my digicam until
Friday. The picture looks like severe barreling, and makes the x size VERY
wide, even with X size turned all the way down, x is still too big. X linearity is
goofy as well, the center of the picture stretches as if it was being
magnified - looks like a magnifiing glass is the center 1/3 of the screen. Kind of
like looking through the funny window on Aztarac...
     I don't want to change my Gravitar harness, but I'm guessing I can
diable the x compensation section of the conversion board by removing the jumpers
at J19 M/N the go to the LF13201's in the AVG section of the MH board. I'm
going to look into this.
     Does anyone know where I might find a SD or Gravitar or BW > MH
conversion board schematic? Also, I wanted to check the conversion faq on wiretap,
nothing there. Can anyone give me an alternate address?

Many Thanks,
Michael Kelley