Re: Use low ESR caps in G08 ?

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 12:18:46 EST

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Mark Jenison wrote:

> If your picture is "flickering" out (dims and brightens as it goes in and
> out) vs a full "blinking" out (flashes in and out), check the 10 pin
> connector going into the board cage itself; bad connection there can cause
> this symptom.

I think it has a number of loose connections -- Sometimes Y deflection goes
out, Twice now it's gone completely dark, and came back as soon as I hooked
up my scope to the inputs. Now it's also developed an occasional "wavyness"
to the lines.

Oh, and I can see the legs of one of the ZD90x's in the back
are green and encrusted with I don't know what -- It looks like it's been on
a boat.

I'm going to go over the whole thing -- and do a general overhaul while I
have it out. After seeing that diode last night I' think I'm going to pull
it and look for other rusted parts before ordering.