Re: PCB identifcation

From: Tom McClintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 12:54:03 EDT

Zonn wrote:

> And am I to assume you're not getting schematics with these?

Sadly, no.

> And yeah, I have a Demon board and know that isn't one, however it could have
> been used to develop the software for the much simpler Demon soundboard. The
> possible UART would have given them debugging capabilities the finished
> soundboard doesn't have. But that really was a wild guess, there's way too much
> ROM space for a sound card. Whatever this is, if it was arcade related, I'd
> guess that it ran the game code.

The Demon soundboard (Rock-Ola) and the Cinematronics sound boards were
developed in two different locations - these PCBs coming from the
Cinematronics offices.

How about a prototype Cosmic Chasm sound board for this one:
http://www.ionpool.net/DCP01174.jpg

The other single PCB has two OpAmps (TL071s I believe) in it.

http://www.ionpool.net/DCP01175.jpg

Some nice wire wrapping, but nothing else to identify it. If someone
wants to buy it as a prototype Space Wars sound board I'll gladly sell
it as such ;)

tm