Re: G05-805 EHT problem

From: Phil Morris <phil_at_morris0.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 15:05:35 EDT

>Well, if the pot has been replaced, and you are sure it is good, then I
>would look for cold solder joints on pin connectors, bad grounds, or
>perhaps a bad capacitor (internal loose connection).
>
>John :-#)#

Have now checked all that but no luck. Even re-flowed all solder joints.

What puzzles me is why the problem (mostly) goes away as the monitor warms
up, BUT occasionally momentarily returns (but not nearly as prevalent as
when the monitor has just been powered on).

I'm tempted to try freezer spray, but given the high voltages involved in
the EHT I'm kinda wary. :)

Phil