RE: Wells Gardner 6100 Wavyness, Bouncing

From: Sean McLachlan <sean_at_lithoflexo.com>
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 17:16:56 EDT

On Thursday, June 24, 2004 11:19 AM, owner-vectorlist@vectorlist.org <>
sprang to life and wrote:

> Kind of puzzled with this one, it's a Wells 6100 Color X-Y monitor
> that we
> have running in a Tempest. Picture looks good, but its bouncing a
> bit (more
> than the usual flicker) and I've noticed some wavyness, almost like
> some
> interference.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a minor question. How much
flicker is normal? I just brought my Star Wars back to life by swapping in
a deflection and HV board. When the game starts, after the Star Wars logo
goes by, the green " Long Long ago..." text starts up. The green text has a
lot of flicker to it. Think silent film amount of flicker. The other
colors don't seem too bad, and I don't notice it in game for green objects.
Is this normal? I don't have much experience with Star Wars or the 6100, so
I'm not sure what is common and what isn't for this game/monitor combo.

Thanks for you help,

Sean McLachlan Salt Lake City, Utah
rgvac@classi-find.net Video Game N00b since 2/2001