Wells Gardner 6100 Wavyness, Bouncing

From: Anthony Pietrak <anthony_at_quarterarcade.com>
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 13:19:06 EDT

Kind of puzzled with this one, it's a Wells 6100 Color X-Y monitor that we
have running in a Tempest. Picture looks good, but its bouncing a bit (more
than the usual flicker) and I've noticed some wavyness, almost like some
interference.

Monitor has a new HV unit and deflection board from Arcadeshop installed.
The HV cage is intact, we've tried another Tempest board and had the same
issue, so we're pretty certain it is the monitor.

I've installed other HV units in different monitors/games from Arcadeshop
without having this issue. Never installed both the deflection board and HV
unit, but we're trying to bulletproof this as best we can.

Any thoughts?

Anthony

--Anthony Pietrak
www.QuarterArcade.com