Re: Tempest WG6100 fuses blow LV2000 installed

From: Brian Deuel <bdeuel_at_charter.net>
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 18:01:53 EDT

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 8/2/2004 at 4:00 PM Matt wrote:

>I have installed a LV2000 on my deflection board, and when I go through
>the
>basic test it works fine the leds light up.. But when ever I plug in all
>the
>connectors the to the board fuses F100 and F101 instantly blow with slow
>blow fuses.. Diodes D102 and D103 burn up too. Ive narrowed it down to
>P700 ... The fuses only blow when P700 is connected.. Ive replaced the
>transistors and problem still exist. I can also move that connector P600
>and it works.. Or if I plug in the P600 connector into the P700 the fuses
>blow again... I was wonder if anyones scene this problem .. I was starting
>to suspect the PTC based on what Ive read on other sites.. Any ideas
>would
>be appreciated.
>
>Thanks Matt

This may seem like I'm insulting your intelligence, but did you make sure to check the continuity between the transistors and the chassis? Did you install mica insulators between the xsistors and the chassis?

Another thing you might want to do, if you've done the above, is check continuity before AND after you screw the xsistors down. I've had transistors that checked out fine before I screwed them down, only to find out that the sockets were bad. Much gnashing of teeth and swearing followed :)

Brian

-------
Brian Deuel
Real Estate Appraiser