Re: Almost 3 years ago...

From: mccullar <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 19:55:27 EDT

> Almost three years ago, my son was about 6 months old, and I told the
vector
> list how I had gotten him interested in watching and interacting with some
> of my games. Star Wars was his favorite.

A few months ago I was working on an upright _Star Wars_ in a local arcade
when an eight-year-old boy walked up and gazed at the screen. Hard to
believe that the game was older than he was, but I cranked some credits onto
it and asked him if he'd like to play it. He was just barely tall enough to
see the screen without standing on a box, but had to reach his arms up to
the flight controller. But he got the hang of the game pretty quickly and
started blasting TIE fighters to kingdom come in no time at all. What was
most memorable was this little kid hurling trash at the enemy fighters: "You
wanna piece of me!?" I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing! :)

Matt J. McCullar
Arlington, TX