Almost 3 years ago...

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel.rosenzweig_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun Aug 01 2004 - 20:59:56 EDT

Almost three years ago, my son was about 6 months old, and I told the vector
list how I had gotten him interested in watching and interacting with some
of my games. Star Wars was his favorite. He's now quite familiar with each
game in the game room and enjoys playing "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Star
Wars" with a passion. He recently turned his sights to Battlezone, and
seems to really enjoy that, too. The really interesting part is that he can
actually PLAY the games now. It feels like it happened over night, that he
could move the yoke, on purpose, and in the right direction, to actually
make the cursor go where it's supposed to go. And now he can drive a tank
and manage to hold his own for a little while. I'm just glad the games
haven't broken on me for a few months, so they have not been causing any
grief! Of course, that's the kiss of death, so one of them will probably
break on me the next time I power it up.. but until then..

Joel-