TECH: Tempest PCB

From: Steve P. <projektzwo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 11:26:07 EDT

 Hi everyone.

 I have 2 Tempest PCBs that I could use some assistance with. I am NOT an
electronics guy, so my tech skills aren't great.

The first one is working and playable. It has an odd habit though of
resetting for no appearent reason. This usually happens in the red or
yellow tubes. Game will be playing right along and ZAP! resets and goes
into attract mode. I've swapped AUX boards, reflowed solder on the
interconnect cable connections, swapped ROMS sd well as the other socketed
chips and still get the odd reset... Any ideas?

Board number 2 has a graphics issue. PCB coins up and plays but the display
is squished into a bent line. Checked the vector trimmer pots and they seem
ok. Also did the same swapping of parts on this PCB that I did on the
first. LMK if anyone would like a pic of the screen.

 Thanks in advance!

-Steve P.